Monday, January 26, 2009

Spillett life....


Lots of people keep asking how we are doing... probly cuz I never update this and i never see anyone. Well, we are doing great!!!
* Morgan is working, and hunting, and working some more! He still works at Olive Garden. The other day he won a free dinner for two because he got 2nd place at the O.G. for selling the most alcohol this month!!! and the other night he got a free dessert for getting 1st place for the day in alcohol sales. I'm so proud! :)
* I am currently jobless :( I quit the bookstore because I got a new job at the Super 8 motel front desk, but the owner would never call me back and tell me a schedule. I finally went in there one day and he said that the girl i was supposed to replace decided not to quit. So he was pretty much avoiding me for the past two weeks so he wouldn't have to tell me that!!! Rrrr... so I just told him that I was going to find a new job. he said "thanks. that will make it alot easier for me."
So right now I am just job-hunting. But nobody is hiring!!!!
* Morgan and I are planning on working until May. Then we are moving away (we don't know where yet) to do summer sales. Morgan is going to be selling security systems for Platinum. I am so excited!!! I've always wanted to move away somewhere for the summer.
* The Grand Am is pretty much dead.... It doesn't run very well.... then it got in a car accident, so right now it is currently duct taped together.. and the other day while I was driving it, the tire blew. We did get a new car, though. And we LOVE it!!!!! thanks to my mom and dad!!!!!
* I'm really sick of the snow. I can't wait for it to be summer.
* I decided to go tanning the other day for the first time in a long time, and now I am completely burnt to a crisp!!!

Well, that's all I can think of for now.... I don't get the internet very often, but I will try to update more. Love you all!!!!

8 comments:

Joanna said...

I'm so proud of you for picking such a winner!!!! He's one awesome waiter : )
Everybody has to have a few of those poorer then poor stories starting out, I still remember my 3 wheeled lawn mower I used for 2 summers before I could afford one with 4 wheels!
Love ya!!!

Taryn said...

I can't believe you quit the bookstore. Traitor.

Abbie said...

Thanks for updating!!! Morgan is quite the seller haha good luck on finding jobs.. not fun. Maybe you should just sew blankets and sell them?!? Love you talk to ya soon!

jeffandleath said...

You are beautiful, as always! I left this comment on your old blog and then Moriann informed me that you have this blog, so.........
We are so happy for you. Enjoy every second of this time - it really is gone before you know it and all of the sudden you are reading the blog of a girl you first met at age 6 and she changed your baby's poopie diapers and now she's grown up and married and going through what you JUST went through (or it feels that way). You get the drift.....

Yeehaw said...

I'm glad to hear that all my alcohol orders helped Morgan win... it was all part of the plan & I see it was worth it, but just so you know, if you don't share the free food with me this month, I won't be buying more drinks next month!!!
:-)
Love you!

Chris said...

What a proud Mother I am of my alcohol selling son-in-law! Keep up the good work Morgan! We love you guys and wish you were closer to us. I really am proud of you Morgan! Love, Mom

Fullmer said...

looks like your doing great girl! have fun with finding a job! not fun at all!!!

Linda said...

I'll pay you to come babysit my dog while I go to Nicaragua. :)